Cloud Security Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208789
Cloud Security Architect
Teradata is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cloud Security architect in Teradata SQL Engine Engineering team. As a Cloud Security Architect, you will be responsible for evaluating new solutions and developing the supporting elements required to incorporate new technologies in a safe and secure manner.. The ideal candidate will have broad experience in cloud-based development and security management in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments. For consideration to this job posting candidates must possess hands-on experience in designing for both small and large-scale solutions with an emphasis on security and performance. You will be responsible for gathering technical requirements, architecting solutions and executing on deliverables addressing Teradata’s on-premise and off-premise Cloud solutions. You will lead and coordinate the work of an integrated project team comprised of multiple technical disciplines, including developers, subject matter experts, database engineers, Micro services developers, and system architects to implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology applications. You will also serve as a advisor to leadership concerning development, design, maintenance and implementation of enterprise-level Cloud systems. Other key responsibilities will be to produce architecture diagrams, blueprints and to bring solutions to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology.
- Configure, implement, monitor, and support network security software/systems that will help ensure compliance with CSA Cloud Controls Matrix in cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Make recommendations to management on enhancements to existing and new security software or related tools.
- Assist in evaluating, planning and implementation of new/existing security applications/tools that integrate with current tool sets.
- Ensure security standard methodologies are identified and integrated into all facets of Development and deployments including network, system designs/configuration and implementations.
- Make recommendation on secure integration strategies, global enterprise architectures and application infrastructure based on best practices.
- Develop security architecture strategies that align to enterprise architecture strategy and that of the business strategy for cloud.
- Develop in depth security architecture standards, frameworks and design patters spanning all layers of security in the cloud from host, server and network to application and data security.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risk and recommends solutions to mitigate them.
- Develop, perform, and analyze vulnerability assessments and penetration tests using generally accepted tools, and recommend remediations.
- Review and enhance security policies that cover cloud platforms.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure successful security and compliance programs that align with client and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Evaluate risks that the applicable vulnerabilities pose to the Teradata deployments and understand the technical implementation details in order to assess and recommend security control improvements or identify mitigating controls.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
Primary Location: Teradata Rancho Bernardo location in San Diego, but can also be located Austin, Santa Clara, LA/El Segundo, or Seattle.
- Bachelors degree or/equivalent and at least 10 years related work experience required
- 10 years experience as a Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 5 years experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Security Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US