Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208787
Position Title: Security Engineer (III)
Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
The Security Engineer will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
The Security Engineer is a highly technical security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects and Senior Developers to implement Teradata Cloud security and compliance controls. The Security Engineer is also focused on enabling secure Teradata Cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, data protection, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop secure cloud infrastructure configurations/policies
- Implement Security Controls that support PCI, HIPPA, SOC frameworks
- Liaison with developers to find a chain of exploit in existing code
- Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Build automation workflows to monitor and remediate security issues
- 5+ years of experience in security automation and tool development
- 3+ years of experience securing infrastructure in public cloud environments
- Proficiency in a programming language (C, C++, and/or Java)
- Experience with scripting (e.g., python, ruby, bash)
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure (e.g., load balancing, network protocols, transport protocols)
- Technical experience working on database technologies
- Familiarity with securing container solutions
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US