Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208787
Position Title: Security Engineer (III)
Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
The Security Engineer will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
The Security Engineer is a highly technical security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects and Senior Developers to implement Teradata Cloud security and compliance controls. The Security Engineer is also focused on enabling secure Teradata Cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, data protection, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop secure cloud infrastructure configurations/policies
- Implement Security Controls that support PCI, HIPPA, SOC frameworks
- Liaison with developers to find a chain of exploit in existing code
- Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Build automation workflows to monitor and remediate security issues
- 5+ years of experience in security automation and tool development
- 3+ years of experience securing infrastructure in public cloud environments
- Proficiency in a programming language (C, C++, and/or Java)
- Experience with scripting (e.g., python, ruby, bash)
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure (e.g., load balancing, network protocols, transport protocols)
- Technical experience working on database technologies
- Familiarity with securing container solutions
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US