Cloud Operations Manager
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 208745
Position Title: Project Manager (III)
Teradata Cloud Operations team manages Teradata application on cloud platforms and ensures availability, reliability of the platform and keeps the quality of service at par for our customers. As a Senior Platform Manager, we are expecting for you to be a hands-on leader to make it all possible for the Teradata systems running on Public Cloud. You will be focused on improving and optimizing the operational processes following ITIL guidelines. You will bring in experience of using cutting edge technology and automation that will be the core of operational excellence for this position.
You will work cross-functionally with Sales support, Product Management, Engineering, global support teams to ensure a unified customer experience on public cloud.
This position can be based in other locations in the EMEA region.
- Coordinate with a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Specialists to support Teradata customers in EMEA
- Be the cloud subject matter expert for the local field teams
- Identify and suggest improvement to operational processes for example Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, post-mortems, RCAs and others
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with partners across the business
- Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes and metrics across cloud platforms
- Help provide Operations’ perspective to Product Management to drive improvement to the product and services with a focus on availability, reliability, scalability etc.
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Field teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support
- Help improve and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Experience with at least one public Cloud (AWS, Azure & Google Cloud) is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of core system administration tools, basic networking protocols, Cloud security and compliance
- 5+ years’ experience as an established technology leader
- Extensive experience leading teams who have supported ‘as a Service’ production environment
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into details as needed
- Experience with automation solutions relevant to Cloud Operations
- Experience with ITSM tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
Good to have
- Cloud certification is a plus
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus
- Teradata experience is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ