Strategic Pricing Analyst
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 208737
Position Title: Pricing Analyst (III)
Strategic Pricing Analyst
As the Strategic Pricing Analyst, you will provide strategic insights, research, and recommendations to Teradata’s Pricing and Product teams, or other functional teams as needed. You will support critical initiatives such as driving recurring revenues and consumption pricing improvement with insightful market research and data analysis. You help maintain governance across Product organization’s pricing and packaging to assure application of consistent standards for our products and services. You are a primary contributor to developing and validating pricing models and monitoring pricing effectiveness.
You will report to the Senior Director of Pricing & Packaging and be part of a growing team focused on impacting Teradata through pricing improvements.
- Work with complex data to examine competitive pricing strategies and accepted industry norms as an input into competitive and profitable pricing
- Conduct customer and data research to determine value, willingness to pay, and other buying dynamics
- Inform on optimal price points for different packages and services.
- Identify relevant costs for pricing decisions across different Teradata products and services.
- Monitor pricing effectiveness through maintenance of pricing reports and dashboards.
- Financial modeling to evaluate the impact of price model changes, adoption vs. monetization decisions, or price level changes.
- Support design and implementation of packages that serve the market, including analysis of bundling opportunities and add-ons
- Collaborates enthusiastically with Finance, Product Managers, and Sales Operations teams
- Partner with GTM Operations teams for supporting our pricing activities
- Stays abreast of changes in our products and services to ascertain impacts on pricing
Skills and Attributes:
- Relentless in pursuit of data “truth”
- Critical, creative, and bold thinking in a complex environment
- Knowledge of various pricing models & strategies including SaaS, Recurring Revenue, Consumption based pricing, capacity utilization and fixed/perpetual models
- Demonstrated product pricing and packaging analytical skills
- Strong customer research skills as well as working knowledge of quantitative pricing research
- Inquisitive nature to pursue hypothesis-driven research
- Analytical mindset with skills in segmentation, P&L analysis, price segmentation, scenario analysis, data management, data visualization and cost analysis
- Acts with a sense of urgency for product and process improvement to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Ability to translate data analysis into digestible stories
- BS in related field (Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics or other related field of study).
- 3+ years working with complex data and financial modeling
- 2+ years experience working with various pricing models & strategies including SaaS, Recurring Revenue, Consumption based pricing
- Working knowledge of Power BI and Salesforce.com
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Francisco
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Pricing Analyst
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US