Staff Cloud Architect
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208711
Position Title: Software Architect (IV)
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader, a creative thinker and a person focused on solving customer problems? Are you passionate about architecting new cloud services, evaluating new technologies, breaking it down into microservices and driving the engineering teams to build it? Then join our team of doers and disruptors! As part of our growing cloud team in Teradata India, you’ll architect, build, own and manage various cloud services.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect who has a strong desire to drive the architectural vision and build innovative cloud services in a startup like environment. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working to influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services on the public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Be a technical leader for a group of highly talented and motivated engineers.
- Work with Directors, Senior leaders and Product Managers to define long term strategic plans and architectural roadmaps for the teams.
- Set goals and provide technical guidance and to Engineering Managers, product leaders and senior engineers.
- Able to work across various groups and come with win-win strategies to deliver results.
- Lead the engineering teams to build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs and top class customer experiences for the cloud services you own.
- Able to dig deep and get hands-on on the architecture, design, api development and other coding aspects.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Interact with customers and partners to understand their problem space and articulate the functionalities/features of the cloud services.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services, etc to and define strategic investments and partnerships.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business or related fields (Bachelors with adequate experience is acceptable).
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- 6+ years of architecture/design/technical lead experience.
- 6+ years of demonstratable experience in at least one programming language like Java, C++, Go or Python. Strong Python experience preferred. Familiarity with multiple programming languages is a plus.
- Demonstratable experience of working on multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Azure & GCP) and architecting a service that operates on multiple cloud platforms.
- Strong understanding of software and service development life cycles.
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front end, database systems and full stack.
- Experience working with automations, provisioning/deployments solutions and templates such as Terraform, Jenkins, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure ARM Templates, Ansible or similar. Strongly prefer Terraform. Working experience with multiple of these technologies is a plus.
- Good understanding of business model, revenues and operating margins is desired.
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
- Strong understanding of services and devops principles.
- Solid understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating systems. Preferably SUSE.
- Experience in databases and distributed systems.
- Experience with containerization technology such as Kubernetes, Docker is a plus.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Knowledge about Continuous Integration solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory is preferred.
- Knowledge about Teradata software and is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile/SAFE project management methodologies and processes is a plus.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN