Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 208702
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
Role: Data Modeler
Location : Beijing
Industry : Banking
A Data Modeler provides subject matter expertise on Data Models and Data Architecture and works with relational databases. A Data Architect provides detailed information about a Customer’s Data Architecture including source systems, data availability, and data quality. A Data Modeler recommends improvements in data quality, data management, lineage, and governance across the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse lifecycles.
Working as part of a highly skilled data management team, the Data Modeler is responsible for developing robust pragmatic data models that meet requirements while supporting the data architectural design principles and designs of the broader IT organization.
Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential as the role involves working closely with our clients, 3rd party vendors, management consultants, and internal data teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Data Profiling
- Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to Teradata physical models Provide support in the use of enterprise and analytical data, particularly identifying synergies and connections between data across business areas.
- Providing support to analyze data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust set of data structures.
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel to facilitate a trusted advisor relationship.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- In depth knowledge of banking business and processes
- Around 2 years of experience is Banking industry is nice to have.
- Relational Data modelling experience.
- Previous technical background in Database Development and/or Data Warehouse Analysis / Business Intelligence roles with strong SQL skills, some programming, data design .
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN