Intern - TeraCloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208701
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
We are the cloud incubation team, TeraCloud, if you will. What does that mean? We are responsible for marrying the Teradata database and the cloud and establishing Teradata as a leader in the cloud space. TeraCloud will focus on aligning the relational engine to work well in the cloud. Focus areas include file system, compute, storage, new kinds of nodes as well as other interesting focal points. Projects can be in such exciting areas as:
- Provisioning and using APIs, Lambdas, Fargates and other functions.
- Memory management and reading and writing Parquet and other formats
- Kafka, Kinesis and Streaming into the database
- Pattern matching for caching
- Database optimization
- SQL Engine enhancements
- In addition to being a valued part of our group, you will also be part of a smaller, agile team composed of junior and senior engineers working in one of the work flows.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Contribute to one of the work flows: New file system, compute, Cloud storage, Performance, Read and Write Parquet, Optimizer, High Availability, SQL engine and others
- Must be currently in college working towards a BS, MS or PhD in a computer related field.
- Coursework requiring development in C/C++, Python and debugging in Linux with gdb.
- Coursework requiring SQL and application of RDBMS concepts and best practices.
- Experience working in AGILE software development model through team project based coursework.
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Applies theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - TeraCloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US