Intern - TeraCloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208698
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
We are the cloud incubation team, TeraCloud, if you will. What does that mean? We are responsible for marrying the Teradata database and the cloud and establishing Teradata as a leader in the cloud space. TeraCloud will focus on aligning the relational engine to work well in the cloud. Focus areas include file system, compute, storage, new kinds of nodes as well as other interesting focal points. Projects can be in such exciting areas as:
- Provisioning and using APIs, Lambdas, Fargates and other functions.
- Memory management and reading and writing Parquet and other formats
- Kafka, Kinesis and Streaming into the database
- Pattern matching for caching
- Database optimization
- SQL Engine enhancements
- In addition to being a valued part of our group, you will also be part of a smaller, agile team composed of junior and senior engineers working in one of the work flows.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Contribute to one of the work flows: New file system, compute, Cloud storage, Performance, Read and Write Parquet, Optimizer, High Availability, SQL engine and others
- Must be currently in college working towards a BS, MS or PhD in a computer related field.
- Coursework requiring development in C/C++, Python and debugging in Linux with gdb.
- Coursework requiring SQL and application of RDBMS concepts and best practices.
- Experience working in AGILE software development model through team project based coursework.
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Applies theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - TeraCloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US