Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208693
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (III)
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the Teradata R&D team in India is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack working on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, Advanced Analytics in the database platform, cloud offerings for the database core and performance engineering.
Senior Software Engineer – Analytics and Cloud Services Team
Analytics and Cloud Services Team at Teradata is currently seeking an experienced software engineer to join our team. This person will be primarily responsible for developing new features for the platform that runs advanced analytics on the server. The project is for building a platform which enables users to bring their favorite python and R packages into the language containers which are orchestrated by Kubernetes and run the advanced analytics closer to the database core.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of programming and development experience including working experience on public cloud environments.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform languages across the Teradata Vantage platform (a critical Teradata strategic component).
- Experience working with AWS, AZURE or Google Cloud services.
- Deliver quality Python/R/Go software solutions that meet performance, durability, cost, and security benchmarks.
- Collaborate well within a tight-knit distributed team to produce world-class enterprise-grade software
- Guide senior leadership to help drive business decisions via technical expertise.
- Investigate and explore creative ways to address the challenges in the project
- Mentor and promote software development & language analytics best practices across your team of developers.
- Write high quality distributed & cloud system software.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, working on rapidly evolving business needs & delivering quality solutions on on-time.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible function within Teradata Vantage platform. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to shape the team to best execute on the product.
- 5 to 7 years industry experience in designing software architecture, leading software development, and operating scalable software systems
- Working experience in configuring AWS, AZURE or Google Cloud services
- Experience with Python, R, Java or other object oriented languages - preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
- Distributed system design and development (or comparable technology)
- Strong data structures and algorithms fundamentals
- Experience in group software development and routine use of version control tools required, specifically Git.
- Ability to work with a Product Owner, Senior Developers, Feature Testers in Agile framework
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Experience in coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
- Experience with python or R based open-source analytics packages
- Experience with Kubernetes, docker containers and experience programming languages such as Go
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Excellent organizational, presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts & SQL
- Individual Contributor
- Works with product Owner, Architects, scrum team and reports to Engineering Manager
- Generating Design Documents, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN