Senior Cloud Security Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208691
Position Title: Director, Security Architecture
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our global service organization is at the heart of delivering our analytics solutions and optimizing our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Senior Cloud Security Architect (CSA) will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies and capabilities, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment. The Sr. CSA will ensure that solutions operating on the cloud comply with industry security requirements in both off-premises and hybrid deployment models to meet the data security needs of the customer as well as Teradata corporate IT. They will understand a shared responsibility model and how to effectively communicate that to customers.
The Sr. CSA is the lead Cloud Security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Product Architects and corporate Enterprise Architects to provide secure environments for our customer and company cloud services and applications. The Sr. CSA is focused on enabling secure cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, security capabilities including preventative as well as detective and response controls, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our application development and cloud operations teams.
Teradata’s cloud offerings span the major public clouds as well as hybrid environments using VMWare and physical infrastructure. While our products do make use of cloud vendor specific capabilities where doing so provides differentiating product performance or features, we are building towards product and security architectures and cloud deployment and operations that are as cloud agnostic as reasonably possible to maximize standardization and efficiencies for cloud deployment and operations. The ideal Sr. CSA will understand how to build and operate a modern and effective cloud agnostic security architecture that dovetails into a cloud agnostic product framework and architecture and related cloud operations.
- Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a team of security architects responsible for Teradata security architecture, partnering with other company architects and engineers spanning product development and corporate IT.
- Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Engineering and Cloud Operations and Support teams to collaboratively develop architectures that ensure Teradata products and processes to support them conform to high standards of security practices and compliance.
- Partner with Security Operations, Incident Response and Investigation, offensive security, application security and product customer support services, engineering and operations to plan, research, design and build security applications around intrusion detection, automated compliance scans, cryptography, etc.
- Partner with Quality Engineering and Enablement teams to incorporate security architectures into our CI/CD pipeline and processes as well as automated testing harnesses for security testing frameworks.
- Drive the development and adoption of cloud security standards, best practices and technologies within Teradata products and IT infrastructure.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on new and existing products.
- Identify, assess and meet with security vendors and partners to assess opportunities to integrate their products and services into the Teradata ecosystem.
- Act as a ‘cloud security consultant’ to other architects and engineers, proactively making recommendations around software development, etc.
- Meet with customers and industry experts to assess and discuss regulatory requirements across relevant customer industries and domains, and from this develop relevant action plans for Teradata teams.
- Liaise on security-related issues with internal business stakeholders both within, but also beyond the Teradata Product and enterprise IT groups, leveraging company-wide capability and insight.
- Assist Teradata cloud architects to design and implement the Teradata systems for our large, global customers.
- Work closely with our Engineering and Support practices to develop/enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud based solutions
- Educate Solutions Architects on secure solution design and privacy / data security practices
- Understand customer base data security needs and applicable standard compliance requirements, and help design solutions fulfilling those requirements
- The Sr. CSA will have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives.
- Comfortable with travel (<=25%)
- Proven track record in growing and developing a high-performance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field desired. Master’s Degree or higher in relevant field a plus.
- While academic degrees are a good way to gain relevant understanding, we recognize that real world experience in related environments matters as much or more and can substitute for academic credentials.
- If you have the right experience and skills but don’t have a relevant degree, please apply for the role.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in both advanced cybersecurity architecture as well as application development including demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience.
- 2+ years Cloud Security Architect experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other public cloud. Cloud agnostic security architecture experience a plus.
- Knowledge of information security concepts, policy frameworks and best practices.
- Industry certifications or training and experience in using frameworks such as SABSA and TOGAF. CISSP, CCSP or relevant GIAC certifications preferred.
- Skilled at interpreting compliance and security standards into implementable and repeatable controls
- Strong understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements as well as experiencing assessing and complying with industry relevant standards (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, SOC, HIPAA/HiTRUST, CSA STAR)
- Proven ability to learn and evolve continuously with the fast changing cloud marketplace
- Experience working with big data architectures and analytics a plus
- In-depth knowledge and experience securing service oriented architectures leveraging RESTful API’s.
Experience working inside of Agile and quick-paced environments.
Experience in operating and deploying software defined and virtualized networks.
- Experience supporting multi-cloud identify access management solutions
- Demonstrated experience with creating automated workflows and experienced working with DevOps and Software Development teams.
- Track record working with network infrastructure / Software Defined Networks, virtualization technologies, operating systems, database and web applications.
- Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
- Current industry-leading experience building and developing secure applications in a cloud-hosted environment. In-depth knowledge and understanding of AWS preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working with industry leading security platforms that have integrated multiple security capabilities into a cohesive security platform spanning host, network, container and serverless intrusion prevention and detection as well as cloud continuous configuration control and monitoring and security orchestration and automated response.
- Security engineering/administration background leveraging security information and event management (SIEM), network firewalls, network intrusion, host-based security and secure configuration.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory rules surrounding data.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Security Architect
Job Category: Security
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US