Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208685
The candidate will be responsible for design and development and maintenance of 'as-a-service' test harness to integrate with Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines to validate workloads across public/private cloud and hybrid infrastructure aligning with Teradata’s cloud first strategy. The role requires expertise/knowledge in cloud technologies such as AWS , Azure, GCP, CloudStack, VMware, etc., and technologies like Python and Kubernetees.
The candidate needs to develop and maintain test harness services for performing test execution, infrastructure provisioning, reporting, performance optimization and integration to delivery pipeline using Python, Java, Ansible and other scripting languages on Kubernetes and Public cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP). and best tools to implement 100% automation towards build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud).
The candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming experience in quality and DevOps area.
- Experience in Python for application development
- Experience in Kubernetes Infrastructure and Application management automation
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS, AZURE and GCP etc.
- Experience in Database scripting and query optimization.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Experience in implementing CICD
- Experience in Log management using ELK & Kibana
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
Develop and maintain test harness services and drive through integration into CI pipelines across different cloud platforms. This includes developing services in python, provisioning infrastructure on Kubernetes, support test executions on On-premise, AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Ability to write code for test harness in using Python
- Ability to develop automation for Infrastructure and application maintenance on Kubernetes
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Hands on with database scripting and sql optimization
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Log management using ELK
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN