Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208680
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently to manage large group of Hardware resources and the devops pipeline
- Ability to work with Docker, Kubernetes, and micro-service patterns, and able to troubleshoot issues
- Maintain and upgrade functional software to keep infrastructure aligned with dependent software stack.
- Ability to understand Python, Ansible and Shell scripts, also development skills in the same area.
- Collaborating with the Teradata Machine Learning Team and other dependent teams to maintain Infrastructure architecture and maturity standards.
- Monitors and reports on adherence and recommend improvements.
- Works with the engineering and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make necessary recommendations.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing infrastructure maintenance.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improvements and increase infrastructure usage efficiency.
- Remunerated on-call responsibility
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in R&D based teams
- Proven experience in containerized Docker Image deployments on Kubernetes using Helm charts.
- Experience in working on LINUX environment.
- Proficiency in any of the scripting language – Python/shell/bash.
- Good knowledge in CICD and DevOps tools.
- Knowledge on Jenkins and GitHub
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to DevOps and Infrastructure maintenance.
- Handle deployment methodologies, code and data movement between DEV, QE, and PROD.
- Good fundamentals in Software Engineering, DevOps solutions.
- Cloud exposure is an advantage.
- Diversified Hardware and storage domain knowledge are preferred.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN