Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208680
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (III)
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad, and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world-renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently to manage large group of Hardware resources and the devops pipeline
- Ability to work with Docker, Kubernetes, and micro-service patterns, and able to troubleshoot issues
- Maintain and upgrade functional software to keep infrastructure aligned with dependent software stack.
- Ability to understand Python, Ansible and Shell scripts, also development skills in the same area.
- Collaborating with the Teradata Machine Learning Team and other dependent teams to maintain Infrastructure architecture and maturity standards.
- Monitors and reports on adherence and recommend improvements.
- Works with the engineering and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make necessary recommendations.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing infrastructure maintenance.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improvements and increase infrastructure usage efficiency.
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in R&D based teams
- Proven experience in containerized Docker Image deployments on Kubernetes using Helm charts.
- Experience in working on LINUX environment.
- Proficiency in any of the scripting language – Python/shell/bash.
- Good knowledge in CICD and DevOps tools.
- Knowledge on Jenkins and GitHub
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to DevOps and Infrastructure maintenance.
- Handle deployment methodologies, code and data movement between DEV, QE, and PROD.
- Good fundamentals in Software Engineering, DevOps solutions.
- Cloud exposure is an advantage.
- Diversified Hardware and storage domain knowledge are preferred.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN