Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208655
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (IV)
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Cloud DevOps Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and secure systems in a distributed system highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Develop and build highly available systems and software in large distributed and Hybrid Cloud environments
- Deep dive and troubleshoot issues related to a Kubernetes environment
- Provide in-depth analysis for improving the deployment of cloud-native applications, monitoring, securing, and supporting a Kubernetes cluster
- Analyze and document existing provisioning processes for automation opportunities and improvements
- Working with the development teams to clarify runtime infrastructure requirements
- Collaborating with other team members to decompose large tasks into small, testable commits
- Understanding performance and security considerations for the code we deploy
- Collaborate with distributed, global teams to achieve common goals
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery through the use of modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE / operational functions, such as monitoring and maintenance of productions systems
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms, at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure)
- Experience with managed Kubernetes in the cloud using GKE, AKS, EKS required
- Current Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) highly desirable
- Strong coding skills
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Nagios, and Graphite
- Strong experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience working with database systems, network topologies, and hardware
- Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack preferred
- Experience working in a hybrid environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US