Senior Director, Enterprise Sourcing
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 208645
The Enterprise Sourcing Director’s role is to discover the best ways to optimize our procurement expenses so that the company can gain strategic and commercial advantages and invest in its growth and people. We are looking for an experienced Sourcing Director to be responsible for the supply of indirect products and services essential for our company’s operations.
- Create plan for, develop, communicate and deliver sourcing strategy to provide ongoing annual cost reduction on entire indirect sourceable spend while meeting business requirements
- Partner with business leaders to identify and assess opportunities, and define / deliver category-specific sourcing strategies
- Drive themes of buying power leverage and complexity reduction across all category strategies
- Review historical spend and identify areas for improvement (demand reduction, specifications, commercial)
- Minimize cost and maximize value in the sourcing process by deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ
- Analyze markets and identify potential new suppliers
- Leverage, assess and manage partnerships with external vendors to secure the most advantageous strategic benefits and commercial terms
- Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships that provide both strategic and commercial benefits
- For key / top vendor negotiations; develop negotiation strategies and participate in negotiations
- Define and lead best practice vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
- Build a highly credible sourcing function and become a sought-after value-added partner to business leaders
- Ensure Sourcing’s vision and goals are articulated clearly and understood across organization
- In collaboration with business leaders, develop a multi-year roadmap for Sourcing which aligns with business plans in key areas
- Proactively provide the “Voice of Sourcing” to business leaders to drive improvement / results – even in the face of resistance to change
- Develop best-in-class sourcing team; support Category Managers in their development and in building credibility and high impact relationship with business leaders
- Manage cohesive sourcing team that works in alignment across the organization
- Monitor progress and drive continuous improvement; ensure sourcing practices remain aligned with overall business need
- Track and report key sourcing KPIs / metrics to provide visibility to impact and effectiveness
- Establish and enforce procedures to ensure proper procurement standards, processes and controls for the organization
- Oversee processes for contract administration, quality assurance, risk management, modification of special terms, and contract closeout or termination
- Extensive applied knowledge and experience of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills
- A history of creating value for an organization – track record of working with business leaders to achieving consistent year over year hard cost savings in indirect spend categories
- Passion for achieving and demonstrating results
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Demonstrated experience collecting and analyzing data, applying principles of financial analysis, aptitude in decision-making, and working with numbers
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Continuous Improvement and Change Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with ERP system in a purchasing environment (Oracle eBusiness suite preferred)
- Experience in designing and developing procurement organizations, source to pay processes, category management, supplier performance management and eProcurement systems required
- Work experience in global organizations across functions and cultures is preferred
- BA/BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration plus a minimum of 15 years of strategic sourcing experience. Will consider MBA degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration plus a minimum of 10 years of strategic sourcing experience.
- Fifteen or more years of solid corporate indirect sourcing, experience, including at least ten years of experience with commodity management encompassing the entire procure to pay cycle.
- Experience with data mining and analysis techniques.
- Experience working at a publicly traded, global organization.
- Working understanding of the purchasing approved supplier list, vendors setup rules, supplier sourcing functionality, and the associated effect on purchasing execution process and systems
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Enterprise Sourcing
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US