Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 208632
- Proactively manage collection of debt on assigned country portfolio, using established business rules, processes and methodology
- Timely resolution of queries / disputes, via liaison with both the external customer and our internal customers (Business Units, Sales, Billing Teams, Treasury)
- Prioritise and manage a challenging workload, whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism and customer satisfaction
- Ensure that all communications – both internal and external are accurately documented
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly reporting and account reconciliations
- Working to strict monthly targets as assigned by the Americas Collections Manager
- Work as part of the Collections team to drive best practice in Collections activities, to improve DSO and cash-flow, and minimise ageing debt
- Month end reporting and reconciliations
Accounts Receivable Activities
- Ensure that all unresolved / unidentified receipts are closed on a timley basis
- Ensure that receipts are applied timely and accurately to each customer’s account.
- Manual Journal and adjustment postings (Refunds, Tax Adjustments, Bank Charges, Discounts, Small Amount Write offs)
- Month-End Activities – including cash reconciliations and reporting
- Assist on various requests associated with cash/receipts during walkthroughs and audit.
- Prepare any ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Collections experience essential
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Works well to deadlines and targets
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US