Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208629
The Information Security Analyst will be tasked not only with identifying and responding to potential threats, but also proactively hunting and eliminating them. The ideal candidate will have highly technical skills and should possess an understanding across a broad range of security technologies and will take a proactive approach to network intrusions. You should have several years of experience working within a SOC environment and should have hands-on experience in creating and executing cyber hunting missions. The candidate must be a world-class problem-solver with the ability to handle challenges under pressure. This is a global role with responsibility for Teradata security technologies for all business units.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a proven track record of finding and responding to threats found from various tools DLP, SIEM. Security Analytics, Behavior Analysis etc. As a key member of the security team, flexibility and a broad knowledge of security processes, along with strong communication and collaboration skills, will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security
- Threat intelligence/threat hunting
- Fireeye, Sourcefire, Snort, Suricata, Kibana
- Security Analytics
- Network Security, network access control, network monitoring tools
- Vulnerability identification, anti-virus, malware detection/analysis
- Programming Tools Java, Ruby, C/C++, PHP, Perl, Python
- DLP, encryption, email security, HIDS/NIDS
- Develop, maintain and report on security operation metrics
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most efficient manner
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- 2+ years managing security technologies
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- Extensive Experience in
- IT security industry trends and direction
- Network and internet security
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Information security management
- Information security technologies
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Information Security Analyst
Job Category: Security
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US