Intern - System/Server Software Development
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 208604
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
Teradata Corporation, the cloud data analytics platform provider, has immediate openings for system/server software development and quality summer interns. Our R&D team of cloud, analytic, database architects and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions for the cloud.
The selected candidate will join the Teradata File System team in El Segundo, CA and participate in the development of the Teradata Parallel Database File System. Depending on when the candidate joins and which development phase is in progress, the candidate may be assigned one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Understand and analyze existing file system design/implementation and propose quality, performance, new features, or enhancements
- Analyze/diagnose/troubleshoot/debug internal and customer reported file system bugs/problems.
- Design, code, and test new file system features, enhancements, and bug fix solutions.
- Follow development process to document all tasks mentioned above.
- Graduate degree candidate majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline at a major accredited university with current overall and major GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Coursework should include at a minimum discrete mathematics, software engineering, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, and computer architecture and organization
- Advanced coursework in operating systems, file systems, parallel architecture, database, i/o systems, or similar technologies/disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with Unix(Linux) and Windows computing environment
- Strong C/C++ programming with emphasis on C low level data structures
- Participated/completed projects, work experience, and/or research interest in areas below.
- System software development for enterprise storage product with emphasis on persistence data life cycle management
- Multi user, multi-tasking server software internals development with emphasis on concurrency and locking protocols
- Relational database application or internals development with working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix development tools (compiler, system calls, debuggers like gdb, eclipse,…) and environment (i.e. shell commands and scripting, editor, MS Word, Outlook, etc)
- Experienced in developing under Clearcase, GitHub, or similar source control products
- Effectively debug and work with low level data structures (hex dumps of data structures in memory and on storage devices)
- Experienced in designing and implementing scalable web/cloud applications.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - System/Server Software Development
Job Category: College & Interns
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US