Intern - System/Server Software Development
Location: El Paso, Texas US
Requisition Number: 208604
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
Teradata Corporation, the cloud data analytics platform provider, has immediate openings for system/server software development and quality summer interns. Our R&D team of cloud, analytic, database architects and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions for the cloud.
The selected candidate will join the Teradata File System team in El Segundo, CA and participate in the development of the Teradata Parallel Database File System. Depending on when the candidate joins and which development phase is in progress, the candidate may be assigned one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Understand and analyze existing file system design/implementation and propose quality, performance, new features, or enhancements
- Analyze/diagnose/troubleshoot/debug internal and customer reported file system bugs/problems.
- Design, code, and test new file system features, enhancements, and bug fix solutions.
- Follow development process to document all tasks mentioned above.
- Must be pursing Master or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline at a major accredited university with current overall and major GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Coursework should include at a minimum discrete mathematics, software engineering, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, and computer architecture and organization
- Advanced coursework in operating systems, file systems, parallel architecture, database, i/o systems, or similar technologies/disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with Unix(Linux) and Windows computing environment
- Strong C/C++ programming with emphasis on C low level data structures
- Participated/completed projects, work experience, and/or research interest in areas below.
- System software development for enterprise storage product with emphasis on persistence data life cycle management
- Multi user, multi-tasking server software internals development with emphasis on concurrency and locking protocols
- Relational database application or internals development with working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix development tools (compiler, system calls, debuggers like gdb, eclipse,…) and environment (i.e. shell commands and scripting, editor, MS Word, Outlook, etc)
- Experienced in developing under Clearcase, GitHub, or similar source control products
- Effectively debug and work with low level data structures (hex dumps of data structures in memory and on storage devices)
- Experienced in designing and implementing scalable web/cloud applications.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - System/Server Software Development
Job Category: College & Interns
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Paso, Texas US