Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208600
Position Title: Market Research Analyst (V)
Title: Market Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata continues to set itself apart as THE hybrid multi cloud solution, breaking away from competition and setting new standards for enterprise analytics in the cloud. In support of this growth, Teradata’s Product Engineering organization is seeking a Market Analyst to drive a common understanding of the market as it relates to Teradata’s ability to understand where and how we target growth opportunities in industry verticals. As a market analyst, you will analyze data and information from analyst firms (Gartner, Forrester, IDC), internal financial data, current and prospective customer information, Salesforce, and other data sets for holistically looking at the customer and market landscape.
This individual will be a self-starter and be able to work at all levels up, down, and across the organization and must energize and inspire collaborative cross-functional teams. This position will report to the VP of Strategic Initiatives in the Products Organization.
Essential Job Duties/Key Responsibilities: Market Analyst
- Play a significant role in a cross-functional team that performs market research, identifies market opportunities, validates market sizing, assesses technology and competition, analyzes and prioritizes the highest impactful use cases based on the criteria of value to customers, scalability, repeatability and time to value,
- Perform industry market studies and develop tailored industry messaging.
- Assure the curation, manipulation, and synthesizing of data in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in actionable insights; collate information and present findings to direct leader and stakeholders.
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships with partners, functional teams and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with our internal teams to gather their insights on the market, pricing, advertising, etc. to incorporate into recommendations.
- Partner with business owners (Product/Marketing/GTM) to diagnose business problems.
- Closely monitor business performance to identify risks, new opportunities and industry trends.
- Partner with product managers to evaluate historical product performance and forecast future trends.
- Partner with Strategy organization and participate in strategy projects
- Finally, and most importantly, analyze data to provide information to the product organization and executive management, in order to drive the product line forward. In other words, identify the “story” within the data.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experienced at performing market analysis and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of product P&Ls, experience developing financial models like ROI and NPV.
- Experience in analytics and / or data warehousing at scale.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, and customers.
- Strong drive, proactive mindset and solution-oriented attitude.
- Ability to lead multiple analytical projects, structure complex problems, and problem solve using data.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity and an entrepreneurial attitude. Resourceful with a high level of initiative.
- Understand how to connect different data sources to build a more complete strategic picture.
- Curious, creative, opinionated thinker with a talent for detecting patterns and elevating through strategy.
- Charismatic storyteller ready to lead growth conversations with senior leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS or BA Degree in Business, Statistics, Marketing, Mathematics or Economics or another relevant field - Masters degree is a plus.
- 2+ years of product management/solution management, strategy or operations consulting experience with exposure to enterprise analytics, data platforms and data warehousing.
- Experience with business analysis tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, or other comparable tools. Experience with Teradata tools is desired.
- Prior experience in a product management, marketing, product analytics or in business performance reporting role.
- Experience with vertical and industry analysis is a plus.
- Familiarity with Cloud based services and a passion for Technology is a plus.
- Experience working with datasets/data warehouses and experience pulling from those data sets using relevant programs and coding to map data sets.
- Exposure to process industries markets via prior roles (pricing, supply chain, etc.)
- Experience with project management and project-based tasks
- Preference for experience with market analyst work in management consulting
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Market Analyst
Job Category: Marketing
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US