Information Security Manager (GDC) - GRC Specialist
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 208599
Position Title: Governance Risk Management Specialist (IV)
Position Title: Information Security Manager (GDC) - GRC Specialist
The GDC Information Security Manager Governance Risk Management Specialist (III)is an experienced professional with a relevant experience of 8-12 years, responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and compliance reporting of the Teradata Global Development Center’s (GDC) IT security policies. He is responsible for improving, implementing, and maintaining our security compliance program. Work closely with the business units, to advise on risk, consult on compliance requirements, build security awareness, enforce policies. Establish and manage organizational operating and executive level metrics. Continuous improvement and alignment of Teradata’s GDCs information security corporate policies, implementation standards, and technical hardening specifications.
The Information Security Manager ensures that security standards and procedures are established and enforced. This includes periodic, regular monitoring and reporting of compliance to the GDC’s standard security policies and any client specific security policies enforced on particular projects. The Information Security Manager focuses on prevention of security risks and issues and will work closely with other managers and the associate community across multiple work locations to bring the organization’s information security risks under explicit management control. The Information Security Manager is the primary point of contact for all internal and external audits for GDC customers. The Information Security Manager is responsible for the successful execution of all audits and for providing direction as to how to remediate action items related to information security and is responsible for the ownership of all IT Security action items working with appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
The GDC Information Security Manager is responsible for managing the Information Security of GDC Staff located in GDC EMEA (Prague and Poland), and other Teradata offices located in Europe, other parts of the globe and providing intel to the Sr. Manager Governance Risk and Compliance along with providing day to day security operational activities for the GDC’s.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively leads the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in the Teradata India America’s Development Center, in coordination and in alignment with standards that have been communicated by the Teradata Global Information Security Manager. This also includes any client specific policies enforced on particular projects requiring an increased level of security.
- Leads the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies, Teradata customer policies or any applicable laws and regulations.
- Proactively conducts periodic security risk assessments and determines appropriate actions to address identified risks.
- Responsible for security incident response and analysis, works with the India GDC management team and other stakeholders in taking appropriate action during information security breaches, violations and incidents in a timely manner with a sense of urgency.
- Is responsible for prevention of IT security risks and issues and will develop and deliver suitable information security awareness, training and educational activities to the associates, managers and others as needed.
- Coordinates, executes and implements activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity management and IT disaster recovery in conjunction with relevant functions and third parties.
- Coordinates and liaises with related functions (such as Physical Security/Facilities, ITS, HR) and senior managers throughout the organization as necessary, on information security matters such as routine security activities plus emerging security risks and control technologies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems from an accredited institution is preferred. BS in Mathematics, Physics, other science or Business course is also acceptable.
- At least 8 years of full-time work experience in information security management and/or related functions (such as IT audit and IT Risk Management).
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures, databases, specialized appliances, access control systems and information security policies and procedures).
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of information security as it applies to and impacts the organization.
- Experience with incident response and analysis, information security breaches, violations and incidents.
- Information security management qualifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)/ Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) are preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to interface effectively and decisively with all levels of management, departments and outside vendors.
- Strong leadership, organizational, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve desired objectives and project results
- Fluent Czech language skills
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security Manager (GDC) - GRC Specialist
Job Category: Security
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ