Staff Cloud Network Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208594
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Staff Cloud Engineer
Teradata (NYSE TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We are looking for a Cloud Network & Security Architect that will ensure that the Vantage Cloud infrastructure and services is securely designed and implemented with high standards to maintain customer trust. You will be analyzing network, infrastructure and services from a security perspective. In addition, you are skilled at discovering potential security issues and you will participate in the design, build, deployment and operation of security-focused infrastructure and provide consultation, architectural review, risk assessment for all Vantage Cloud infrastructure and services.
- Evaluate, architect, and support infrastructure and services architecture and designs from a network and security perspective.
- Use your solid understanding of authentication protocols, core network and system security principles along with your up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods to drive security into all the Cloud Infrastructure and services built by the team.
- Advise and consult on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation.
- Ability to identify security risks and issues to architecture and develop effective mitigation plans for network infrastructure.
- Subject matter expert for networking in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure and transit connectivity to private cloud).
- Evangelize security within Vantage Cloud Organization and work closely with the Teradata Sales, Product Management and Central Security teams.
- Estimated 30% hands-on coding for automation.
Skills And Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a university degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent. experience. Degree in Computer Science required.
- Related experience is defined as system and/or network security engineering and architecture and designing cloud service & distributed system applications that are scalable, reliable, secure, and supportable.
- Subject matter expert with building and managing a service in the public cloud.
- Expertise working with network setups like VPN, VPC, Private Link, IPSec, NAT, Firewall rules and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP).
- Proven capability with defining threat models & security compliance such as Blackduck, Coverity, Nessus, Centrify, NxLog and AlertLogic.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Automation & building/rest APIs such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang.
- Knowledge of Devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment and On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Experience with Quality Frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Experience with Agile/SAFE project management methodologies and environments.
- Proven ability in designing and delivering enterprise-level security solutions.
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Azure & GCP cloud networking and security. Azure & CCNP Certification in Advanced Networking and Security preferred.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Network Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN