Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208547
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 400 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
C/C++/DS Develeloper Job Requirement
Responsible for development of software enhancements to the Teradata RDBMS software and the components associated to support the Data Stream Architecture, our backup/restore solution. Participate in analysis, design, code, test major software components according to a standard development process, with focus to enhancing the feature functions and bug resolutions. Gain deep skills in the existing product by way of reverse engineering the code and developing a sound knowledge for design, development and support of the product areas. Candidate will be expected to work closely with team leader/team manager.
- BE./B.Tech/M.Tech. in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Minimum experience of at least 3 years with exposure to good software development.
Skill set requirements:
- Experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development.
- Strong data structure and algorithms fundamentals
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database concepts either thru academic knowledge or working exposure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle. Use of Agile methodologies and tools will be an advantage
- Good analytical skills in parallel processing environment/software with strong IPC fundamentals
- Working knowledge of linux operating systems is highly desirable
- Working knowledge or exposure cloud technologies would be an added advantage
- Sound software engineering principles
- Exposure to storage, filesystems will be advantage
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN