Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Requisition Number: 208542
Position Title: Test Engineer (II)
Job Description – Test Engineer
EAS is an analytic solution that acquires data from transactional (ERP) systems and creates an analytic environment on Teradata. This is a position for a test Engineer in the EAS Engineering team.
The test engineer should have good knowledge in testing web based multi-tier applications. She/he should be able to understand, review requirements, write and execute test cases and present the reports in a timely and professional manner. Exposure to UI test automation using Selenium tool will be highly desirable. Awareness of application performance testing will be an added advantage. Basic knowledge of Java, databases and SQL will be a definite plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
BSCS/MSCS or applicable experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with other EAS engineers to understand the scope, design, development and support of the various elements of business applications.
- Create test specifications in support of design, development, and support.
- Installation and maintenance of test environments (Windows/Linux/VM/Cloud) and deploy EAS application on the same.
- Execute regression tests, performance tests.
- Debug SQL and database issues.
- Report Bugs and Track them to closure.
- Document test results, prepare benchmark, sizing documents for EAS application.
- Provide GUI and user interaction test design, develop and execute tests (document, test). Assist in the selection and implementation of test automation tool sets.
- Ensuring compliance of the product's quality standards to organization's TQM specifications.
- Track customer issues and follow-up till closure.
This role requires the ability to work within a high-performance team, and the ability and initiative to develop and drive implementation of the EAS application that will contribute to the ongoing success of the project.
This role is for a junior level Test Engineer reporting directly to the group level manager, requiring good skills in building and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with Development Engineering peers and EAS management.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN