Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208533
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
- Work with cross functional teams in Agile software development to design and automate test plans; create infrastructure and environments to run components and end-to-end integration tests at scale.
- Develop and integrate automation tests as part of CI/CD process to enable rapid development, build, deployment, test, and production release of Teradata Vantage Cloud and Applications on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms.
- Develop deep understanding of features; proactively identify, troubleshoot and analyze software defects and risks independently
- Assist Cloud Engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects
- Utilize understanding of quality engineering, DevOps, software engineering best practices and user experience to influence design and implementation approaches. The ideal candidate is a technically versatile team player with passion for quality.
- BSCS/MSCS degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional software/cloud engineering, including agile development.
- Strong test development & automation experience of Functional, Integration & UI tests (Python/RobotFramework based API testing, Web UI testing with Selenium Web Driver, Load Test with JMeter, etc.)
- Proficient in Python, Linux Operating System, Bash/Shell, and test development & automation at large scale (CI/CD) concept.
- Proven experience with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms, micro-services, RESTful API-based architecture and networking.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira, etc.)
- Good working experience in engineering practices such as code reviews, unit test, static code analysis, code coverage analysis, software security, etc.
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Dive deep, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN