Technical Program Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208521
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that over promise and under deliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata, a market leader in data analytics, is looking for exceptional Staff Program Manager to join Teradata Program Management Office Team part of Product Engineering Organization @ Hyderabad. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the end-2-end product engineering experience, for our products/services as-a-service platforms for On Premise and cloud-based analytics, then Teradata is the right place for you.
As a Staff Program Manager your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with product managers to understand product vision, product priorities & roadmap, and help in estimating scope.
- Scope projects by working closely with engineering managers, technical architects and other cloud service teams.
- Develop and manage project plans to successfully deliver results.
- Run Program / Teams level events/meetings, track milestones and drive releases to on-time delivery.
- Identify bottlenecks, risks, dependencies and coordinate discussions with cross-functional teams to review project deliverables.
- Build partnerships with cross-functional product teams and product engineering teams in Teradata.
- Maintain program dashboards, status of completion goals, backlog items and tracking project metrics.
- Collaborate with all engineering and non-engineering stakeholders while managing and contributing to complex programs
- Share regular progress, escalate issues to Management for prompt resolution and resolve inter-organizational issues relative to schedule, scope and resources etc
- Providing recommendations/suggestions for improving organizational efficiency for adoption, execution and related operations.
- Proactively offer insight and solutions to business-driven issues
- Good working exposure to project/program management tools framework (Aha, JIRA..)
Education and Experience
- 11+ years of overall experience, with 5+ years of Project/Program Management experience, experience in Software Product Development organizations is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- PMP & SAFe Certified
- Hands on experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies
- Thorough understanding of software product offering lifecycle from idea/concept to market
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans for both On Premise and Cloud with multiple teams spread geographically in support of business goals
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and can adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
- Demonstrated experience working across teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple cross functional project stakeholders
- Strong delivery focus, ownership, show sense of urgency and drive
- A strong track record of successful project delivery for cross-functional projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience in delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple locations from idea to market.
- Experienced with Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure & Google Cloud, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN