Managed Services Area Delivery Leader
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 208489
Position Title: Manager, Managed Services
Managed Services Area Delivery Leader
The Managed Services/Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the technical delivery of multiple Managed Services projects, with primary accountability to achieve delivery excellence and realize customer value, through the utilization of standardized offers, processes and tools.
Additionally, You will direct programs that enable resource capability development and cross organization alignment required to achieve delivery fidelity for a revenue stream. As Services/Service Delivery Manager you will contribute to the financial operations of the Managed Services practice including revenue plan and headcount alignment and project portfolio profitability tracking and is responsible for project performance measurement including delivery efficiency metrics.
Additional objectives of this position are related to practice development, enabling the ability of the practice to grow at a rate of 10% + per year. This includes leadership contribution to the development of the MS Service Offer Portfolio, suggesting new and specialized offers for the Region in order to capture additional customer wallet share, and the timely development of new skills & capabilities that align to emerging offers that Teradata brings to market. Leadership within practice development includes optimization of local delivery models and structures and leverage of OCS and Consulting resources in order to meet new go to market segments like while focusing on the need to reduce ongoing cost of delivery as appropriate.
People: Provides delivery process support for nonintegrated Managed Services projects and processes delivered by local Consulting resources and leveraged by MS. Key actives include defining and maintaining roles and responsibilities for Transition Management and Delivery personnel including forecasting resource needs, determining staff mix requirements by organization, recommending hiring as needed, oversight of the project staffing process, ensuring the alignment and availability of training to meet contractual customer deliverables, and managing the utilization and absorption of resources across the practice.
Process: Contribute to and deploy process initiatives that drive development of needed new processes and continuous improvement of current processes in the areas of Transition Management and Operational Delivery. Provide leadership to develop new service capabilities both as value added extensions to current services, and in support of new capabilities. Ensures the deployment of standard processes required to deliver to Teradata best practices levels, achieve consistency of process knowledge and execution across Area MS and the 5 Global Delivery Centers. Provide process leadership as a subject matter expert on Managed Services delivery, including the adoption of ITIL and other industry standards required to maintain a competitive market position.
Tools: Provide Strategic Leadership in support of the creation and use of proprietary Managed Services tools as a competitive advantage for the service, positioning differentiation of Teradata to competitors. Contribute as required to the development / evaluation of automation and tools designed to drive delivery consistency, efficiency, and operational excellence and provide feedback on field requirements and results. Ensure the deployment of tools to achieve consistency of delivery across the Regional MS practices and ADC delivery centers.
Managed Service Delivery Manager maintains client interfaces with select clients The Service Delivery Manager builds a consultative, business and technical relationship with these client interfaces and provides operational leadership and guidance, shares best practices and provides investment recommendations based on business value.
The MS Service Delivery Manager is expected to have:
- deep Project and Program Management expertise and demonstrated business intelligence technical experience and abilities,
- in-depth business acumen from the client’s perspective,
- management skills and capabilities to directly manage an on-shore and remote off-shore team of Teradata professionals
- matrix management skills to work with other Teradata organizations and across the end to end CS&S organization and Consulting
- Extensive, proven business intelligence operational skills and capabilities.
- Ability to manage a successful consulting business and P&L.
- Ability to remotely manage off-shore resources
- Hands-on experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, business operations, project and program management, resource management (including recruiting and development), information technology, software development, marketing and sales; with proven ability and a record of success.
- Prior financial project management and project remediation experience
- Prior Consulting or Managed Services practice operations and financial management experience
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata and consulting services.
- Proven capability to be effective in establishing relationships with clients and provide leadership and direction with regard to building client relationships and managing the ongoing lifecycle at both the account and opportunity levels.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a matrix environment.
Job Location : Tokyo Japan
Community / Marketing Title: Managed Services Area Delivery Leader
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP