Intern - Test Engineering
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 208481
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Join our first Tijuana Hub internship cohort for 24 weeks beginning in January 2021 with a target end date of May/June the same year. This is a fast-paced, flexible, fun program where you will learn and develop skills that can parlayed into a successful careers in tech. Culture at Teradata isn’t just about one “type” of person as many individuals make up our company, making us that much more unique and setting up for a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
TeraCloud: the cloud incubation team. We are responsible for marrying the Teradata database and the cloud and establishing our company as a leader within the cloud space. We focus on aligning the relational engine to work well in the cloud; work areas include: the file system, compute, storage, new kinds of nodes as well as many other interesting focal points.
You will be a valued part of our testing group, while also working on an agile team composed of junior and senior engineers both in the U.S. and Tijuana working within one of the workflows.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Contribute to one of the workflows such as: New File System, Cache, Streaming, Parquet Writer, Data Fabric, High Availability, CICD, DevOPs, Services, Performance and others.
- Applying theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
- Must be currently in college working towards a BS, MS or PhD in a computer-related field with a graduation date between Summer 2021-Spring 2022.
- Must have successfully completed coursework requiring:
- Development in C/C++, Python (Exposure to Linux preferred).
- Team project-based coursework.
- SQL and application of RDBMS concepts and best practices.(nice to have)
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Takes responsibility for all phases of software development including prototype, design specifications, test specifications, unit / feature test, performance validation, regression testing and implementation.
- Concise and clear verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excels within a team environment of engineers, architects, and management.
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Test Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX