Intern - Test Engineering
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 208479
Join our first Tijuana Hub internship cohort for 24 weeks beginning in January 2021 with a target end date of May/June the same year. This is a fast-paced, flexible, fun program where you will learn and develop skills that can parlayed into a successful careers in tech. Culture at Teradata isn’t just about one “type” of person as many individuals make up our company, making us that much more unique and setting up for a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
TeraCloud: the cloud incubation team. We are responsible for marrying the Teradata database and the cloud and establishing our company as a leader within the cloud space. We focus on aligning the relational engine to work well in the cloud; work areas include: the file system, compute, storage, new kinds of nodes as well as many other interesting focal points.
You will be a valued part of our testing group, while also working on an agile team composed of junior and senior engineers both in the U.S. and Tijuana working within one of the workflows.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Contribute to one of the workflows such as: New File System, Cache, Streaming, Parquet Writer, Data Fabric, High Availability, CICD, DevOPs, Services, Performance and others.
- Applying theoretical knowledge in interpreting data and results by systematically breaking down information in a communicable manner.
- Must be currently in college working towards a BS, MS or PhD in a computer-related field with a graduation date between Summer 2021-Spring 2022.
- Must have successfully completed coursework requiring:
- Development in C/C++, Python (Exposure to Linux preferred).
- Team project-based coursework.
- SQL and application of RDBMS concepts and best practices.(nice to have)
- Quickly able to learn, leverage and incorporate new technology and methodologies on own initiative.
- Takes responsibility for all phases of software development including prototype, design specifications, test specifications, unit / feature test, performance validation, regression testing and implementation.
- Concise and clear verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excels within a team environment of engineers, architects, and management.
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Test Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX