Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208432
About Teradata Labs:
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
As a Software Engineer you will become a member of a key project in Teradata's Unity Director/Loader Offering. This position will be responsible for working with the Teradata Dual Active leadership in designing, coding, testing, and maintaining database virtualization products for the Teradata Unity D/L program. Successful candidates will have responsibility for the design and implementation of portions of Teradata Director/Loader products, with a focus on C based development. The role includes development and maintenance of features and all related technologies and required environments to ensure a successful product development life-cycle and delivery. The engineer must be well versed in working in and contributing to a fully agile and automated development and testing process.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, implement and assist in the delivery of the Teradata database virtualization products for the Teradata Dual Active offering
• Utilize Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development best practices
• Responsible for application design, code, unit and integration test, system test and maintenance of Teradata Dual Active applications
• Design and deliver products that meet specifications; ensure high standards in programming quality, style and organization
• Participate in Agile development processes and assist with automated, load and performance testing to support software quality efforts
• Analyze and troubleshoot internal/testing and customer issues
This position is located in the Teradata Hyderabad facility.
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical and software development skills, and ability to plan and organize. The successful candidate will have experience in data warehousing and high performance computing environments.
• Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent with 2 years in the following
• Software engineering experience, including but not limited to:
• C programming experience
• Perl, shell and other scripting languages
• SQL queries, data modelling and database architectures
• Familiarity/experience with unit, functional and regression testing
• Knowledge of load/performance testing real-time multi-tier architectures
• Experience coding in C, especially for multi-threaded processes
• Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP, Scrum, etc.
• Experience with Confluence, Jira, Subversion and Wireshark
• Experience with Teradata database ideal
• Experience with SQL, parsing, and low-level communication and networking protocols
• Should be comfortable working on Linux operating systems and some experience with Java programming language is preferred
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN