VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208391
Position Title: VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
Why does this role exist?
This role is the lynchpin to continue the transformation of the finance FP&A team. This role has the responsibility to implement and maintain strong FP&A processes and tools enabling timely and accurate financial reporting. This role will also work across the entire FP&A team to identify activities to standardize and streamline. This will help free up time to enable the broader FP&A team to focus more on analysis and business engagement to provide insight and foresight to the company.
What are the current responsibilities?
The role will:
· Manage the current Corporate FP&A team leading Teradata’s planning, budgeting, and FP&A close processes
· Manage the FP&A System team identifying, implementing, and managing finance systems and tools leveraged by the entire team,
· Manage the team that support the corporate functions (Marketing, Legal, IT, HR, Finance, and WW GTM),
· Design and implement a Center of Excellence strategy and manage the COE team in near shore/offshore locations,
· Build and manage a high-powered analyst SWAT team to build financial models to help drive business success
· Work closely with other parts of Teradata to ensure to clear and efficient roles and responsibilities with FP&A (and Accounting, and Sales Ops)
How is it anticipated the role will evolve in the next 3-5 years?
· 15 years of related skills and experience that show a definitive track record of success and growth within one’s career.
· MBA from a top-tier program is highly preferred
· Strong process design and implementation skills and experience
· Demonstrable process standardization experience across teams and functions is necessary
· Recognized ability to build Financial cadence
· Strong budgeting and forecasting experience
· Experience building reporting teams
· Knowledge of technologies and systems to create efficiency
· Experience building new / entry level teams
· Demonstrated experience as a “Mentoring manager”
· Success managing offshore resources / teams
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong business partnering and engagement
Define the complexity of the role (ex. Scope, volatility, uncertainty, impact to the bottom line, talent/people, risks, etc.).
A Bachelor's degree required. A Master’s degree in Finance or Business is strongly preferred.
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US