Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 208285
Teradata is looking to hire Cloud Software Engineers to join our team. As we continue to build momentum as a hybrid cloud analytics provider, our Cloud Database team has a dedicated focus on extending our market-leading database to develop even stronger cloud capabilities.
We are looking for a self-driven Senior Cloud Software Engineer to join the team tasked to build Web Applications enabling the best possible developer, DevOps, and data science experience as they integrate and interact with our new cloud-based data as a service.
- Working with product management and business users, to translate requirements into production applications.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing SaaS APIs leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Implementing and unit test user interface leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the product.
- Perform competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions, and recommend Teradata cloud database changes to close competitive gaps or to enhance competitive advantages.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- Automate testing of the APIs.
Location: San Diego, El Segundo or Seattle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
- 7+ years of experience developing software in Java, and/or Python.
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing.
- 5+ years of building cloud RESTful APIs technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing distributed web services.
- Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.).
- Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.).
- Experience with Docker.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US