Finance Planning & Analysis Senior Manager - APAC
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 208230
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analyst (V)
Role: Consulting Finance Planning & Analysis Manager- APJ
Join a team of Planning Managers across the APJ region responsible for the financial management of the Teradata Consulting business.
The APJ Finance Planning Manager is accountable for the co-ordination and consolidation of the annual plan and monthly financial Outlooks and providing financial reporting, analytics and advice to the Consulting business leaders.
This is a key role within business and the successful candidate will also support the implementation of systems, tools and processes delivering the accuracy, transparency and consistency across the APJ Consulting Operation.
- Provide financial leadership to the APJ Consulting finance and finance operations teams with a focus on strong fiscal stewardship of the business and the provision of financial insights to inform key business decisions
- Maintain oversight, management, audit, and compliance of financial processes for the region
- Work with the Geo Leads and Finance Managers to produce the monthly Outlook ensuring the accuracy, integrity and feasibility
- Consolidate the Geo Outlooks, analyse and explain variances, prepare the P&L, identify risks/upsides and submit the final committed Region Outlook
- Provide direct operational support to Geo Planning Managers to ensure consistency under changing demands
- Train, mentor, and assist business operations teams and Consulting management with implementing standard Consulting operating practices
- Contribute to improvements in the overall productivity and profitability of the Consulting business through performance analysis supported with recommendations for the APJ Consulting Leader
- Drive the annual planning process for APJ Consulting Services working with Planning Managers across the region
- Assist in the development, deployment, and customization of global processes, systems, tools, and metrics to facilitate management of the Consulting business.
- Continual promotion of Teradata ethics and compliance by working with Consulting management and supporting operational reviews, audits, process reviews and compliance audits implementing recommendations based on findings from these audits
- Qualified Accountant (PQE, CIMA preferred) with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience in an analytical role such as business operations and/or sales operations
- 5+ years’ experience of coaching mentoring and leading Finance and Finance Operations teams
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with people in an open, friendly, accepting manner
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606/IFRS 15 and POC (Percentage of Completion) principles
- Ability to operate in an environment with a level of grey with large amounts of data and multiple data points
- Experience in a consulting or professional services organization
- Advanced Excel skills including Power Query, complex lookups and pivot tables
- Experience of reporting in a multi-currency environment
- Able to work well under pressure and to very tight deadlines
- Results oriented, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- Significant experience building budgets and forecasts and stress testing through sensitivity analysis
- FP&A experience
- Experience of business process re-engineering
- Experience with FinancialForce, or other Accounting, Billing, Professional Services Automation(PSA), Hyperion and Human Capital Management (HCM) tools.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Planning & Analysis Senior Manager - APAC
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU