Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208225
Position Title: Software Engineer (I)
Teradata is a market leading hybrid cloud analytics provider. Our Cloud Database team has a dedicated focus on extending core technology and interfaces to be fully cloud native to better enable ease of use, elasticity, and enhanced ecosystem integration. Engineers who join our team will work on fundamental re-design and innovation in core database technology to enable the strongest cloud capabilities.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new features leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by implementing complex features for the product.
- Help with competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions, and recommend Teradata cloud database changes to close competitive gaps or to enhance competitive advantages.
- Analyze marketing requirements and write technical requirements based upon marketing requirements
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of C / C++ or Python programming language.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preferably skill in at least one or more of the following areas:
- Query Grid
- DB Performance
- Teradata File system
- Cloud Eco-System / APIs
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US