Continuous Improvement Manager, CS&S
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208209
Position Title: Program Management Specialist (IV)
Continuous Improvement Manager - Customer Support & Services
Location: Remote, US (San Diego Preferred)
Organization: CS&S - Services Operational Excellence/Offer Engineering
Level: Manager-level, Individual Contributor
The Services Operational Excellence - Offer Engineering team translates Teradata service offers into implementable, effective, and efficient plans for delivery. As the Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for partnering with cross-functional operations and business teams to identify opportunities for improvement, gathering & analyzing data, and developing plans for streamlined, modernized processes and tools.
You will create, operationalize, and enhance Teradata’s CS&S service offers including delivery methodology, processes, and workflows, roles and responsibilities, tools, training, and customer-facing materials needed to deliver a service in a way that exceeds customer value expectations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Services Delivery Methodology – Follow the defined methodology for documenting the delivery requirements for each Service Offer
- Create plans to build the required delivery assets in partnership with global project teams to enable CS&S for measurable efficiency and value gains
- Gather business functional requirements for the development of streamlined tools and processes
- Apply Lean and/or Six Sigma principles (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work Cellular Flow, Pull Replenishment, Demand and Production smoothing, Mistake-Proofing, Total Productive Maintenance) to process improvement
- Services Enablement for the Delivery Organizations – Design and deployment of formal/informal training on Service Offers for the global and regional delivery resources, Service Experience Managers and Services Account Manager/CFL team
- Services Measurement – Define requirements for measuring success through key performance measurements and reporting of each Service Offer, Tool, and Process to enable a data-driven approach to continuous improvement
- Manage multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines with multiple stakeholders using an in-depth understanding of key technologies such as as-a-Service, Cloud, and delivery methodologies like ITIL/DevOps/CICD
- Develops presentations for senior management to facilitate discussions on project or program progress, results, and assistance needed
- Manages day-to-day progress of the project, ensuring continued alignment with the project's vision and direction towards achieving the project's ultimate objectives
- Manages monitors and evaluates all project activities
- Ensures valid project estimates are prepared
- Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements, and tools to quantify business goals
- Champion on behalf of Teradata and our Customers and help uncover issues currently impacting our Customer Experience
- Experience taking a service/product from concept to deployment
- Customer, Cloud, aaS, and/or Managed Services delivery experience
- Experience working with a broad internal supply chain including engineering, marketing, training, etc.
- Experience working with resources in an offshore delivery center
- Experience creating customer-facing materials (marketing, training, PowerPoint decks, announcements, etc.)
- Strong client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- Proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- Services Product Management experience
- Process documentation and requirements gathering experience
- Lean Certification
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Continuous Improvement Manager, CS&S
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US