Senior Cloud Operations Manager, AWS (Virtual, US)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208205
Position Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Senior Cloud Operations Manager, AWS
Location: San Diego, CA preferred (Virtual US is OK)
The Teradata Cloud Operations team manages Teradata applications on cloud platforms and ensures availability, reliability of the platform, and keeps the quality of service at par for our customers. As an AWS Senior Cloud Operations Manager, we are expecting you to be a hands-on leader to make it all possible for the Teradata systems running on AWS Cloud. You will be focused on improving and optimizing operational processes following ITIL guidelines. You will bring your experience with cutting edge technology and automation that will be the core of operational excellence for this position.
You will work cross-functionally with Sales Support, Product Management, Engineering, global support teams to ensure a unified customer experience on AWS cloud.
- Lead a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Specialists
- Be the AWS cloud subject matter expert for the Operations Team
- Vendor management, communication, technical issue resolution with AWS
- Own and improve operational processes for example Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management, post-mortems, RCAs, and others
- Support & identify training requirements for the operations team
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with partners across the business
- Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes, and metrics across cloud platforms
- Collaborate with Cloud Product Management by providing Operations’ perspective to drive improvement to the product and services with a focus on availability, reliability, scalability, etc.
- Participate in backlog grooming and influence Engineering’s roadmap priorities
- Maintain consistency of cloud environments through an efficient release management process
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Field teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support
- Define and deliver KPI’s and reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
- Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude
- Effective verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
- Experience with AWS Cloud is a must
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of core system administration tools, basic networking protocols, Cloud security, and compliance
- 5+ years’ experience as an established technology leader
- Extensive experience leading teams who have supported ‘as a Service’ production environment
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into details as needed
- Experience with automation solutions relevant to Cloud Operations
- Experience with ITSM tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
Good to have
- AWS SysOps Administrator certification is a plus
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus
- Teradata experience is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Operations Manager, AWS (Virtual, US)
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US