Support Engineer IT Networking
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 208203
Position Title: Product Support Engineer II
Support Engineer IT Networking
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
We are looking for a Product Support Engineer who will work as a part of a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company. While the role is truly an individual contributor, a high degree of ownership, interaction, and teamwork is required to be effective in the role. The GSC Product Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with Teradata Client Applications. He or She is responsible for providing support to customers, delivering technical analysis for Teradata Application Management deliverables, answering complex questions on function and usage of a product. The GSC Product Support Engineer is also responsible for possessing a thorough knowledge of the Teradata Applications and improving the current Teradata Application software releases.
Specific duties include:
- Work with Service Support Managers (SSM) and Customer Support Representatives (CSR) in delivering technical analysis for customers who utilize our Client Applications offering.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Teradata Applications products in order to effectively and efficiently support customers.
- Effectively interact with Teradata Engineering and Technical Support peers to report, troubleshoot, and repair defects in the current product releases.
- Handle highly complex technical customer issues as they are escalated from other areas of the organization.
- Effectively manage internal and external customer expectations to ensure satisfaction with Customer Services offerings.
- Ensure that every customer is treated professionally and with respect.
- Assist in the technical mentoring of additional team members.
- Log, research, and accurately resolve customer inquiries and problems in a timely manner, meeting and exceeding SLAs as outlined for customers in the Teradata Applications Customer Services Handbook or value-added offerings.
- Ensure proper escalation occurs for unresolved issues to ensure the customer remains satisfied.
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Applications Customer Services Policies and Procedures.
- Contribute to the advancement of Team Teradata Applications goals.
- Fluent English (Written & Verbal)
- US B1/B2 Visa (or the ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Informatics & Computing or software engineering related preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in directly supporting external software applications
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of relational databases i.e. Oracle, SQL Server & HTML required
- Working experience with LINUX and other OS environments
- Strong networking knowledge required (hardware and software) i.e. able to analyze network traces and dumps
- An understanding of Load/Unload and ETL software
- Strong knowledge of security software such as LDAP and Kerberos
- Proven experience debugging and troubleshooting software-related issues.
- Proven experience with SQL and relational database concepts
- External customer-facing experience in a software support environment
- Java and C# programming knowledge is a plus
- A positive attitude and desire to make an impact on an organization
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong communication skills (listening, written, and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a small to mid-size team environment
Community / Marketing Title: Support Engineer IT Networking
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX