Senior Architect, NOS FS
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208156
Position Title: Software Architect (VI)
Teradata is a market leading hybrid cloud analytics provider. Our Cloud Database team has a dedicated focus on extending core technology and interfaces to be fully cloud native to better enable ease of use, elasticity, and enhanced ecosystem integration. Engineers who join our team will work on fundamental re-design and innovation in core database technology to enable the strongest cloud capabilities.
- Work with other Sr Engineers and Architects to drive the technical and architectural vision.
- Build scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available data services.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers, and drive best practices around design, coding, testability, and security.
- Work closely with teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met.
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in a technical position.
- 5+ years on any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google etc).
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures.
- Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services.
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline.
- Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Cloud certifications.
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools.
- Experience with data science, machine learning algorithms.
- Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying high volume and highly scalable services.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design.
- Experience in MPP databases- Redshift, Netezza, Teradata, Snowflake.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail.
- Available work locations include offices in San Diego, El Segundo, or Seattle!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Architect, NOS FS
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US