Senior Director, Software Architect, NOS FS
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 208156
Teradata is a market leading hybrid cloud analytics provider. Our Cloud Database team has a dedicated focus on extending core technology and interfaces to be fully cloud native to better enable ease of use, elasticity, and enhanced ecosystem integration. Engineers who join our team will work on fundamental re-design and innovation in core database technology to enable the strongest cloud capabilities.
- Work with other Sr Engineers and Architects to drive the technical and architectural vision.
- Build scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available data services.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers, and drive best practices around design, coding, testability, and security.
- Work closely with teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met.
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in a technical position.
- 5+ years on any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google etc).
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture.
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale distributed and service-oriented architectures.
- Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services.
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline.
- Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
- Cloud certifications.
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools.
- Experience with data science, machine learning algorithms.
- Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying high volume and highly scalable services.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design.
- Experience in MPP databases- Redshift, Netezza, Teradata, Snowflake.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail.
- Available work locations include offices in San Diego, El Segundo, or Seattle!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Software Architect, NOS FS
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US