Senior Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208132
Position Title: Test Engineer (III)
Primary responsibility will be performing feature testing for the Teradata Cloud Database features including understanding the feature specifications early in the development cycle to create test specifications, test cases and test plan, under the guidance of the feature test architects.
Additional responsibility will include isolating and troubleshooting the problems, providing assistance to the developers in resolving problems related to the Cloud Database features in general.
Candidate will be expected to work closely with feature architects/manager, Tech lead, & Team members. Programming skills in C, Shell and Python are required. Having strong SQL knowledge will be an added advantage. The ideal candidate will also be able to write Feature/Unit/Performance test cases and automation scripts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming experience and/or software testing experience.
- Ability to understand product features and functionalities from design documents
- Ability to write feature test specifications, developing the test cases and automating them, testing of bug fixes, providing assistance in debugging and isolating the problems
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Understanding and designing test frameworks for test
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development
- Good technical/conceptual performance testing knowledge
- Proficient in any of the scripting languages
- Good knowledge in CICD and DevOps tools
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the feature testing of cloud database features.
- Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and creation of test specifications, cases and plan as needed.
- Develop test scripts either using C language, Shell scripting, Python etc.
- Write technical documents that accurately describe unit test plans and reports.
- Execute tests according to approved test plans.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with project team members and architects and reports to engineering manager.
- Strong programming skills with Python, Perl, Shell etc.
- Software development experience in Linux/Unix Environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
The following skills are desirable but not required:
- Cloud testing
- Teradata Database Knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN