Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208116
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer in the Parallel Database Environment (PDE) – Cloud Services team within the Vantage Core - Platform Software organization. The PDE – Cloud Services team’s focus is on providing unified system administrative services for Teradata Vantage SQLE database instances across all supported cloud platforms (VMWare, AWS, Azure, GCP), as well as for our on-premises nodes. These services cover a wide range of capability, including such areas as setup, configuration, backup and migration, scaling (shrink, shift, expand), and failure recovery. The team also provides maintenance fixes for supported releases and assists in handling customer escalations as needed.
We are looking for a candidate to join our fast paced and cutting-edge development organization that is on the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer in the PDE – Cloud Services team within the Vantage Core – Platform Software organization. The position involves development, integration, functional and performance testing, and fault analysis of our on-premises and cloud solutions. The engineer will be engaged in concept definition, implementation, support for early engagements, and typical life cycle management activities.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent programming skills in Python for our services development. The candidate must also have proven experience developing instance-based services and administering deployments on one or more of the AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud platforms. Familiarity with Teradata Vantage is also desirable, but not required. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. They need to enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
- Member of an agile development team responsible for the Teradata Parallel Database Environment (PDE) – Cloud Services.
- Develop and support the unified RESTful service framework native to the Teradata Vantage SQLE database nodes.
- Develop and support system administrative services related to scalability, reliability, and performance for our Teradata Vantage SQLE database nodes for cloud and on-prem environments.
- Provide assistance in customer support cases escalated to engineering related to PDE – Cloud Services software.
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in fast paced agile scrum development environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in Python.
- Proven experience with public and/or private cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), VMWare ESXi, etc.
- Proven experience in RESTful services development.
- Knowledge of security best practices for RESTful services.
- Knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Familiarity with C, bash, and Go.
- Experience with Teradata Vantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor (BE/B.Tech) or Master’s (ME/M.Tech) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering with 5 to 8 years of work experience.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN