Web Application Software Engineer
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 208110
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata is looking to hire Web Application Software Engineers to join our team. As we continue to build momentum as a hybrid cloud analytics provider, our Cloud Database team has a dedicated focus on extending our market-leading database to develop even stronger cloud capabilities.
We are looking for a self-driven Web Application Engineer to join the team tasked to build Web Applications enabling the best possible developer, devops and data science experience as they integrate and interact with our new cloud-based data as a service.
• Responsible for implementing, and unit testing user interface leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
• Working with user experience designers with input from product management and business users, to translate designs and wireframes into production applications.
• Implementing and unit test user interface leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies. Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
• Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the product.
• Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
• Automate testing of the user interface components.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
• Understanding of cloud technologies.
• 5+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing.
• 5+ years of experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.).
• Experience with modern web frameworks, such as AngularJS, ReactJS and Redux.
• Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.).
• Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.).
• Experience with Docker.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Community / Marketing Title: Web Application Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX