Staff Cloud Services Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208103
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud service. If you are interested in influencing the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will be part of a team that will build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Design and develop Cloud services.
- Applies technical expertise to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
- Ensures Performance, Availability, Security and Operations capabilities are instrumented in the software to create a “as-a-Service” experience for the customer.
- Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Works in a cross-functional style to achieve results.
Coaches and mentors less senior cloud engineers in software development techniques and cloud development.
- Be a key member who will drive the Technical DNA of the Cloud Services teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a university degree;
- Related experience is defined as having expertise with Platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP and demonstrated expertise with automation & building/rest APIs such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang as a Professional Software Engineer.
- Experience with devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates, Terraform) and Quality automation and automating test cases.
- Experience with networks such as VPN, VPC, privatelink and protocols.
- Expertise in serverless computing such as Lambda, Azure functions and computing engines.
- Knowledge of quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Expertise developing telemetry, metrics and usage analysis through the use of monitoring and logging tools (like New Relic, Cloud Watch, Data Dog, ELK stack etc.).
- Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Services Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN