Staff Cloud Services Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208103
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud service. If you are interested in influencing the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will be part of a team that will build cloud services that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Design and develop Cloud services.
- Applies technical expertise to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
- Ensures Performance, Availability, Security and Operations capabilities are instrumented in the software to create a “as-a-Service” experience for the customer.
- Utilizes understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Works in a cross-functional style to achieve results.
Coaches and mentors less senior cloud engineers in software development techniques and cloud development.
- Be a key member who will drive the Technical DNA of the Cloud Services teams.
Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a university degree;
- Related experience is defined as having expertise with Platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP and demonstrated expertise with automation & building/rest APIs such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang as a Professional Software Engineer.
- Experience with devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates, Terraform) and Quality automation and automating test cases.
- Experience with networks such as VPN, VPC, privatelink and protocols.
- Expertise in serverless computing such as Lambda, Azure functions and computing engines.
- Knowledge of quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Expertise developing telemetry, metrics and usage analysis through the use of monitoring and logging tools (like New Relic, Cloud Watch, Data Dog, ELK stack etc.).
- Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Services Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN