Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208101
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We are looking for experienced Engineering Manager with exceptional engineering skills in building innovative solutions as part of our Core Product Engineering organization. Leader who has great experience with the art of Agile Engineering - who share our enthusiasm and passion for technology and innovation, our expertise in creating software and solutions for our customers.
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for building capabilities and Cloud services managing day to day direction of Cloud engineering development team.
- Define long-term strategic technology and process roadmaps.
- Build and execute cloud development roadmap and staffing model.
- Apply your understanding of software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Build high-performing teams and lead the team to embrace new ideas that produce outstanding results for customers.
- Create a collaborative culture motivating team members to produce effective results.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with partners across the business.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a university degree; or 8 years and an advanced degree; or a PhD with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent. experience. Degree in Computer Science required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience of at least 3 years in managing small to mid-size teams that are global in nature and high performing.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in building and running a service on public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Requires the manager to be hands-on with a good coding experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang.
- Strong knowledge of automation & building rest APIs is needed.
- Proven capability with devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Foundational understanding of quality automation and automating test cases and quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Expertise working in Agile/SAFe project management methodologies environments.
- Knowledge of threat models, security compliance and understanding of tools such as Blackduck, Coverity, Nessus, Centrify, NxLog and AlertLogic.
- Foundational understanding of networks like VPN, VPC, privatelink and other protocols.
- Knowledge of designed cloud service & distributed system applications.
- Foundational understanding of serverless computing such as Lambda, Azure functions and computing engines.
- Some familiarity with Teradata database including SQL is an asset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration and people management skills.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN