Service Account Manager
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 208070
Position Title: CFL Account Partner IV
Job: Customer for Life Account Partner
You will be responsible for driving ongoing field awareness and sales execution of Teradata's Managed and Success Services (M&SS) offerings as well as the end-to-end renewal lifecycle for Customer’s in their territory.
As part of Teradata’s Go-To-Market (GTM) organization, this position will serve as the primary sales expert identifying M&SS opportunities both for new and renewing customers and will partner closely with the Account team to ensure effective field engagement and commercial success.
You will be responsible for managing a territory to business objectives including recurring revenue growth, M&SS growth, on-time renewal execution and outlook accuracy.
You will work with an integrated Account Team focusing on account planning to identify customer needs and business opportunities both in preparation for upcoming renewals as well as mid-term adjustment
The role will require you to negotiate terms, SLAs and penalties while managing the solution P&L to business requirements and targets.
- As an integrated member of the customer account team(s), this role is primarily responsible for driving growth and retaining Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)across Teradata’s business through exceptional sales and renewal execution. This includes building and maintaining strong partnerships with both internal and Customer stakeholders.
- Account planning, prospecting, selling and negotiating are core elements of success in this role.
- This role will focus on:
- Effective account planning and renewal preparation, leveraging the entire Teradata portfolio to protect and drive ARR growth
- Renewing Teradata's ARR footprint with existing customers with on-time accuracy and oversight of all contract lifecycle management activities
- Expanding services into existing accounts to drive further ARR growth
- Positioning an integrated services solution to new customers to drive platform adoption, consumption and overall success
- Develop strong partnerships as a member of the Teradata Account Team to qualify opportunities and position services based upon the Customer’s current business objectives and long-term needs
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and competitive positioning.
- Responsible to develop the full Statement of Work (SOW)/Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) along with managing the bid review process and account plan updates
- Ensure order, revenue and margin growth targets are met, while maintaining accurate revenue/ARR forecast, resource and outlook processes for assigned territories or accounts.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated sales success managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Ability to work with multiple Customers at the same time including capturing each engagement’s discussions, notes, follow-up, issues, etc.
- 3 years of successful direct sales experience and strong familiarity with cloud services and architectures.
- 5 years of successful direct sales experience with Outsourcing services possibly in the Analytics environment including platform management, Operations and Application Management, scoping (on and off-shore delivery solutions), developing Outcome based SOW with SLA’s/Penalties, and one- time transactional services such as Installation, data migration, BAR setup.
- Ability to work successfully at the intersection of business, technology and services and translate/communicate across both.
Community / Marketing Title: Service Account Manager
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP