Change Control Analyst II
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 208051
Change Control Analyst II
Location: Tijuana, BC (Zona Rio)
Change Control Analysts manage the Changes and System Updates that are made to Teradata products for our Fortune-500 customers all around the world. We have 2 openings for Senior-level Change Control Analysts who will apply their technical expertise and help lead the Tijuana team.
In 2019, Teradata aligned the Change Control teams in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions under one umbrella resulting in the Global Change Control Team. This group has a strong focus on Automation, DevOps, Process Optimization, and Remote Change Control Delivery.
It is time to take Change Control Service Delivery to the next level by expanding our footprint to include Change Control Analysts in our new Tijuana Innovation Center. This addition will contribute to our goal of Service Delivery Modernization, add capacity to our "Follow the Sun" support model, and increase the flexibility of our Global Change Control Organization to deliver on customer demands. This is a unique opportunity to join a service-focused team, operating globally to implement best practices and drive higher customer satisfaction.
We are seeking 2 Senior Change Control Analysts focused on delivering Change Request as well as Case Support as required. Your primary responsibility will be to work with external customers and internal Teradata teams to plan, schedule, and execute Change Controls in the Americas region. As a Change Control Analyst you will work with the US-based Change Control Center of Excellence to ensure delivery of consistent and standardized change controls with high quality and best-in-class customer experience.
We are a fast-paced and high-tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours follow up given the nature of the changes occurring 7x24.
Change Control Analysts – What will you Do?
- Provide high-quality change control services to Teradata Customers though:
- Analyze install base for CC opportunity
- Pre-Change Control consultation and preparation
- Coordinating, scheduling, and planning
- Remote Implementation of Change Controls
- Change Control Onsite Implementation/Supervision
- Identify and apply Change Control best practices in all activities/tasks
- Drive continuous improvements into the process for efficiency, quality, and reliability
- Work closely with the Change Control Center of Excellence when problems occur requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills
- Support Private Cloud for Teradata (TD on VMWare), Public Cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP), and On-Prem deployments
- Provide direction and mentorship to junior team members
- Document and share your knowledge and experience to raise the capabilities of the team
- Actively engage in learning new technologies and adoption of process improvements to create a better customer experience
- Provide local language and remote Change Control incident support
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong English Communication (Written & Verbal)
- USA B1/B2 Visa
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of work experience in a technical field, ideally enterprise Linux experience
- 2+ years of experience working with customers
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level databases (Oracle/SQL/Teradata),
- Passion for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Experience working in a virtual team with different cultures
- Have strong organizational skills, self-starter and self-directed
- Ability to travel and work under pressure
- Technical understanding of Teradata Ecosystem and technology
- Experience with programming and DevOps tools (Python, Ansible)
- Familiarity with Process Automation Frameworks such as ServiceNow
- Experience mentoring or leading a small team
Community / Marketing Title: Change Control Analyst II
Job Category: Customer Support
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX