Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 208041
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Account Executive is responsible for direct solution sales (orders and revenue) into an assigned Enterprise or Commercial account(s).
The person is responsible for the profitable sales of Teradata solution portfolio products including software, hardware, professional services, and support services. Specific solutions to be sold depend on industry segment.
• Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover opportunities within your assigned account(s).
• Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
• Research the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model
• Articulate the solution in terms of ROI and TCO to the customer
• Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives and mature sales cycles
• Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
• Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
• Close profitable TERADATA scalable data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
• Understand and articulate the value of Teradata Professional Services
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers. Ideal candidate would have intimate knowledge/experience that directly resonates with assigned accounts.
• 10+ years’ experience in selling software & services specifically in the database space. Some technical knowledge of hardware is necessary (other applicable includes ERP sales, Data Transformation sales).
• Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities and selling into various C-Suite leaders.
• Previous experience selling analytics, data warehouse and/or business intelligence solutions.
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Some travel may be expected depending on the location of the candidate.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US