Staff Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 208037
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata Vantage group
We are a market leader and innovator in Advanced Analytics and in the management of a variety of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data. We help bring analytic insights to enterprises via powerful products such as the massively-parallel, linearly-scalable Teradata Database and the Machine Learning Engine, that seamlessly combine best-in-class data storage and warehousing capabilities with leading-edge analytics. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Why? Because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence – just like we do.
- Research, design and develop key features for Teradata’s Machine Learning/Analytics Engine with focus on scalability and performance
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables.
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose innovative design alternatives.
- Collaborate with a team of skilled, motivated engineers through the product lifecycle including architecture, product support issues, documentation, beta testing, and bug fixes.
- Present newly developed functionalities/features in Teradata tech talks.
- Own components of the Analytics Engine product and contribute to its architecture.
- Opportunity to technically lead a small group of engineers.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, leading software development, and operating scalable software systems
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C++ preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Experience with clustering systems such as Docker and Kubernetes and/or related technologies
- Good at automation and APIs. Example REST APIs.
- Experience with design and architect distributed system application, scalable system design.
- Good understanding of secure coding practices. Knowledge of threat models, compliance.
- Experience with automating unit test cases, and familiar with the concept of test driven development (TDD).
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with designing/building managed a service in public cloud.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of Python, Perl and/or other scripting languages is a plus
- Experience with newer big data technologies, such as Spark and TensorFlow, and related products, is a plus
- Experience with Enterprise Software Security is a plus
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US