Staff DevOps Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208035
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (IV)
The Candidate needs to have at least 10 years of experience in utilizing the latest technology and best in class tools/services to develop and implement 100% DevOps Framework/automation towards build, deploy and validate the product on all supported platforms (on-premises, cloud and Hybrid environments). We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Expertise in Designing and Architecting CI/CD process and tools for Teradata Software delivery based on the requirements
- Ability to evaluate and Re-define existing Architecture/s and framework and provide recommendations for increased adoption and efficiency
- Experience in developing DevOps culture
- Strong experience in adopting cloud services and containerization
- Demonstrate strong cross-functional technical leadership and collaborating with operations and engineering teams to deliver product/services that are scalable, reliable and secure
- Excellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives
- Strong expertise in operating Linux/Unix environments and
- Strong experience in scripting and programming languages such as Shell and Python.
- Ability to review and provide critical feedback on deployment and delivery pipelines. Implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies, Code branching strategies along with configuration management practices in Unix and Linux-based environment
- Sound knowledge and experience of cloud-based environments
- Must have good knowledge in release, change and service management.
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review DevOps framework and related automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of programming experience in Devops and quality areas.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Experience on CI/CD tool stack such as code coverage, scanning, etc.,
- Knowledge in Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
- Deep Experience in architecting and implementing CICD framework
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in database products is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS etc.
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST)
CICD framework needs to be envisioned and developed to validate the product e2e from development check-in thru deployment. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature and integration level.
- Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD framework
- Excellent programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,) and branching strategies
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN