Staff Cloud Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 208027
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for Staff Cloud Engineers, who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Staff Cloud Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees.
You will be working with work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
You will be solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies.
Your Business Objectives would include:
You must be able to design, develop, document and implement software by leveraging agile and microservices architecture.
You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
You are able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple, yet highly functional interfaces.
You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
You should be able to mentor new hires and interns.
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience or Master's Degree with 6 years of experience.
- Good understanding about SDLC, Software Testing concepts.
- Experience with requirement analysis, defect tracking, coordinating with team members in different locations and test reporting and closure.
- Professional experience in writing/maintaining test automation.
- Worked on atleast one of Public Cloud computing platforms like AWS or GCP
- Ability to work with previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Professional experience in scripting languages like Python.
- Should be proficient in creating RESTful WebServices.
- Professional experience with UNIX commands and shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge on continuous integration and continuous delivery applications like Jenkins.
- Professional Experience with performance testing of the application using tools like JMeter.
- Working knowledge of Relational Database Management System with Postgres, Oracle Database systems.
- Understanding of development and testing of microservices based applications.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
- Good Communication Skill
- Problem Solving skill
- Ability to mentor software engineers and be seen as a team player, incorporating a team based success philosophy.
- Knowledge of Managed services
- Knowledge of Teradata technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS or GCP.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores( DynamoDB, DocumentDB/Cosmos).
- Familiarity with big data analytic engines like Hadoop.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US