Salesforce Senior Administrator and Release Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208014
Position Title: Business Systems Analyst (IV)
- This role is a combination of Salesforce Admin and deployment manager.
- The Senior Salesforce Administrator will oversee the ongoing development of the FinancialForce application. The successful candidate will have experience implementing and administering enterprise class CRM systems and a record of partnering with business users to improve processes using best practices of Salesforce and associated technologies. The Release Manager partners with developers to ensure accuracy in the process for testing and deploying updates to the Salesforce platform. S/he is expected to follow best practices for implementing and managing release processes for configuration and code through all environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide day to day Tier 2 end-user support and assist users to troubleshoot issues related to FinancialForce application
- Maintain security user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security).
- Responsible for requirements gathering, facilitation of business process discussions, solution design and documentation, application configuration, testing, and end-user support.
- Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best practice solutions for both business process and technology.
- Partner with our managed service provider and vendors to proactively address problems and troubleshoot production issues.
- Contribute to the delivery of recurring platform releases.
- Plan and execute scheduled releases for multiple salesforce orgs using the Flosum ALM tool.
- Ensure proper tracking of released components in version control.
- Assume ownership and continuous improvement of the release process by documenting release issues and developing plans to improve process or automation.
- Responsible for maintaining consistency between Salesforce sandbox environments, from Development through QA, UAT and Production.
- Manage deployments between sandbox environments using the Flosum tool.
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of Salesforce Admin experience supporting Salesforce in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps role is desired.
- Ability to work on fast paced project and perform under stressful deadlines
- Experience with Lightning Experience and Lightning Components is a MUST
- Success using Agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Experience managing multiple sandbox environments including refreshes is a MUST.
- Understanding of Apex and Visual Force is required.
- Experience using Flosum, Copado, or another Salesforce ALM tool is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Effectively use data to make better decisions.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Business Administration, or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.
- Salesforce Admin Certification (Advanced preferred)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Salesforce Senior Administrator and Release Manager
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US