Software Engineer , Vantage HA
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208013
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Highly motivated, fast-moving and fun team focused on addressing our customer’s Business Continuity requirements with an agile and quality focus. Teradata Unity ("Unity") is a crucial contributor to the Teradata Business Continuity Strategy. For continuously available Teradata Vantage ("Vantage") systems, it provides session and query routing, data and object synchronization, and protection during system interruptions with its automatic fail-over capabilities. Unity enables three nines (99.90%) of availability and meets Recovery Time Objectives ("RTO") of zero, and Recovery Point Objectives ("RPO") of near-zero. Unity team members reside in multiple locations (this position is for the San Diego facility).
The Teradata Unity Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated and creative Software Engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment, and to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the Unity product.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new Unity features using agile processes.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- Support and resolve customer issues.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years in the following:
Strong experience with C, Python, Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment.
• Experience with SQL and database technologies including a thorough understanding of database logical and physical design concepts.
- Experience with test driven development, unit test automation, test scripting for real-time multi-tier architectures, end to end testing.
- Experience coding for multi-threaded, distributed processes.
- Experience with distributed system applications, scalable system design, rest APIs.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in an Agile development process, such as Scrum, XP, SAFe.
- Teradata does not offer employment sponsorship for this position.
- Experience with parsing, and low-level communication and networking protocols.
- Experience secure coding practices, threat models, compliance.
• Experience with Confluence, Jira, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and VMware.
• Understands cloud deployment strategies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
• Experience with Node.js, Angular.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer , Vantage HA
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US