Senior Test Engineer - Database team
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207996
Position Title: Test Engineer (III)
Senior Test Engineer – Database Engine team
Location : San Diego
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
We are the database kernel team. What does that mean? We are responsible for the core part of the Teradata database and more. In the past, we designed and implemented such key database features such as Large Objects, Triggers, Stored Procedures, the NUMBER data type. We have done and are doing features that make expansions easier and allow users to reach into other platforms for their data. We are also doing innovative work with different kinds of storage such as S3, Azure, and GCS. We will continue to do traditional database features as well as features that stretch the bounds of a traditional database.
You will be working with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
You will be solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies with an emphasis on cloud.
- Responsible for feature testing new features leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Help with functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Isolate problems and aid in debugging.
- Performance test specific code areas
- Review design specs
- Write test specifications mapping tests to technical requirements
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the product.
- Help perform competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions
- 3+ years of experience testing enterprise software
- Understanding and designing test frameworks for test automation and testing technology trends
- Sound knowledge in CICD and DevOps tools
- Experience with SQL and database technologies
- Knowledge of other Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Experience and Education
- MS in computer science/engineering with Database engine experience.
- 1 year of Teradata experience
- Nice to have Skills in at least one or more of the following areas:
- Query Grid
- DB Performance
- Teradata File system
- Cloud Eco-System / APIs
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Test Engineer - Database team
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US